My focus is simple. Together we develop an integrated massage approach, tailored to your body’s needs. Then with each regular massage session, I deepen my understanding of your body and it’s patterns of tension, imbalance, fatigue, and chronic pain, drawing from an in-depth understanding of anatomy, physiology and movement, in order to help restore you to full health, wellness and vitality.
We store a lot of tension and stress in our muscles and connective tissue from every-day life. And when we do, some basic things happen to each and every one of us:
- Blood flow is restricted, and our body does not get the oxygen and nutrient supply we need to be healthy and well, and to restore vitality in our tissues and organs. We live tired.
- Our immune system is compromised, and we get sick more often.
- The natural resting length of our muscle is shortened, and stays that way over time, causing one side, or one joint, in our body to bear more weight than it can, slowly causing arthritis, or chronic pain or stiffness, in one area of our body.
- It is more difficult to relax at the end of the day and to experience deep rest from sleep. We are more easily irritable during the day.
- We are more susceptible to injury and slower to recover from injury.
Anyone who has received a deeply skillful massage knows how much better you feel in your body and in your whole outlook on life.
Within each massage:
- I focus on the muscle and the connective tissue, restoring their natural resting length, by skillfully releasing knots and adhesions, allowing normal blood flow to return, and the muscle to be freed.
- I use a slow, mindful massage style, with careful precision pressure and pleasant traction that opens and revitalizes your muscle and tissue. Sometimes the pressure is deep and sometimes the pressure is gentle, depending on how you, your muscles and connective tissue are responding.
- I draw from an in-depth structural clinical understanding (of anatomy, kinesiology and physiology), as well as a holistic understanding (of the mind-body connection), that allows me to address the imbalances in your muscles, skeleton and overall energy, that cause chronic pain, tension, fatigue, stress, low energy and injury.
- With renewed blood supply into the muscle and soft tissue, and with the knot and adhesion freed, you have more energy and balance in your body, more clarity in your mind, lowered stress-hormone levels, boosting your immune system, and giving you a good night sleep.
- You recover faster from injury and prevent new injury from happening.
- You gain, a knowledge and understanding of your body, that helps you discover a new awareness and inspiration for over all health.
My regular clients all look forward to their massage not just to relax and release tension but knowing that on the day they receive a massage, they are more happy and more at peace in their whole person, an effect that continues to deepen in a lasting way, over time.
Offering support beyond the massage, with targeted stretches and yoga poses, nutrition awareness, and stress reduction awareness. Helping to support you though every aspect of your health and wellness, and to rediscover how so much of your wellbeing is deeply connected to your physical body.
Some of the conditions I have helped
- Low back pain & tension
- Neck and shoulder pain & tension
- Carpal tunnel symptoms
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Frozen Shoulder
- Hip pain & tension
- Knee and hip replacement recovery
- Pinched nerve
- Stress or anxiety
- Sports-related injury
- Iliotibial band (ITB) syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
- Piriformis syndrome
- Pain or tension in chest muscles
- Hamstring or calf tension and pain
- Pain and discomfort in arms and hands
- TMJ and tension in the jaw
- Pregnancy aches and pains
- AND of course a basic need to deeply relax.